Sunday, October 3, 2010

3 october 2010

My mom has always told me (and everyone else in our family) about how much she hates myspace, facebook, twitter, and personal blogs. She says that they are self-centered, ridiculously stupid, and presumptuous. Presumptuous that anyone would care to read about what is going on in your life. This is true. Now that I have acknowledged that it is highly unlikely that anyone cares about what is going on in my life, I am free to write. I am currently half way through my first semester at college in Austin and as I start off on "life's next great adventure" (thanks for the cliché graduation cards Hallmark), I hope to write honestly about the unique and eccentric experiences I could encounter by going to college. For today, I leave you with a few key things I have learned...

a. Six hours of homework is normal. No, not for the weekend, for the week day.
b. I can write a 3 to 4 page paper in an hour. Sometimes less.
c. A Meyer can learn to sleep through the sounds of a college dorm.
d. Almond croissants are delicious with vanilla steamers, especially if enjoyed while walking across a beautiful campus during the first few days of fall.
e. A lot of college kids smoke and have tattoos. Actually just a lot of people in Austin smoke and have tattoos.
f. Just because you speak English, doesn't mean that you speak American (American's have A LOT of accents).

And that's not including all of the academic lessons I've learned so far, which have been plentiful as well (No really, they have been). 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment