Thursday, October 21, 2010

a good night.

An old friend (I like to leave names out if possible so as not to upset anyone, and yes "old friend," I know you're reading this and you probably would not care but I like to be somewhat secretive about my life) and I got dinner tonight at a cute Thai place that my mom would love. They don't have a menu, instead they cook foods throughout the day according to veggies that are in season. It was very uniquely Austin, and a bit overpriced. I got a yellow curry that was very spicy but pretty good.

After dinner, this friend and I sat outside my dorm and performed several songs that we both love or are just good to dance to, including Times A Wastin, Rave On (Buddy Holly of course we were doing the twist to!), and Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. If you don't know this song, go listen to it. It's very good. I almost broke my ankle because being the fashion forward girl that I am I was wearing three inch heels and dancing on a low stone wall. Probably not the best combination but when the dancing foot strikes me, I can't stop it.

New stuff that I've learned:
1. Pool isn't just for bachelors at a smoky bar.
2. Werther's Original Chewy Caramels are delicious and addictive.
3. Trying to make a film for your Honors class in the school coffee shop is next to impossible because of the large amount of people that claim the coffee house as their hang out place.
4. Austin really isn't that much colder than Houston. Unfortunately.
5. You might think you have money to spend, but trust me, when you're in college money just evaporates.

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment