Wednesday, October 6, 2010

a good day....

Today was wonderful. I finally slept for a full 8 hours, which made it a little less harder to get up in the morning. I bought an almond croissant and strolled across campus for a bit before heading off to my first class.

Classes went by fast and I was able to spend my afternoon reading for my classes and even managed to start Crime and Punishment, which I have been meaning to start for a while now but have not had time. Some might ask, "And yet you have time now? Aren't you supposed to be studying?" No, I don't really have time to be reading a book for pure "fun" so it will probably take me this entire year to finish it. Gosh, I miss the good old days of senior year when I literally had nothing to do. Actually, I don't. I love college. And especially St. Edward's. There is always a breeze up on the hilltop and every half hour the church bells ring from the chapel. It's especially nice if like today, you are walking by the soccer field and a light breeze is blowing and the late afternoon light is filtering through the trees just perfectly...and then, the church bells start ringing. It's always quite beautiful.

Some new things I've learned this week:
a. Do not wait until the day before a paper is due to start it. I never thought I'd be that person. Well guess what? I was. Twice. (It all turned out okay and the papers were actually quite good if I do say so myself)
b. There are some really nice guys. Not many, but some.
c. If your food gets stuck in a vending machine, you are out of luck. No matter how many times you hit it, it's not going anywhere.
d. Community laundry rooms get smelly really quickly.
e. If the earth's population was only 100 and if we kept the same proportions, only one of those one hundred people would have a college degree.

Be thankful for what you have!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment